The way we communicate constitutes our relationships and our lives. Communication has the power to bring people together and the means to push people apart. I know that you all want to become better communicators, right.
The good news is that communication is a learned skill; something that can be taught and practiced. So with that in mind take a look at the below list.
- Practice positive communication.
- Give your full attention to the speaker.
- Focus on the good qualities in each other and praise them often.
- Take time to listen. Listen to understand, not to judge.
- Be assertive. Use “I” statements rather than “You” statement.
- Listen with your ears but also with your eyes and other senses.
- Find the courage to ask questions rather than making assumptions.
Communication is not only the essence of being human, but also a vital property of life.
~John A. Pierce